Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Post Number 100!!

I figured I'd hit this mark a lot sooner, but I figured that back in January when I was posting every other day. Still, it's a milestone.

I just realized that I haven't posted anything even after I said that I would still post on here. So here's a little update:

School starts tomorrow. I'm pretty darn excited, actually. As much as I hate school, I am excited to get this, my last year, over and done with. I am also yearning to be productive. The bottom line is that this year in Germany was sort of like an awesome, year-long vacation. I attended classes, but they were not as work-intensive as the classes here in Canada - especially the third- and fourth-year classes I'm taking! Anyways, I'm excited.

Ashley and I got a pedicure tonight. I love getting pedicures! It was Ashley's gift to me for coming home because she's such a good friend who knows how much I love them. We got French pedicures, which means, for all you men out there, instead of getting the whole nail painted in a colour we just got white painted on the tips and then a clear polish all over. I love it because my toenails look so clean.

There are also two stories about my coming home that should be told, and I feel a little bad that I didn't mention them before as they were such well thought out ideas and the responsible folk deserve props. So get ready to give them up:

First story: Ashley told me at the airport that she had left me a welcome home card on my bed. When I got there I realized that was a deception, to say the least! Here's what there was:

Guess how many balloons there are? There are exactly 99 red balloons. That's just plain funny. Very, very well done if you ask me.

Second story: After reading my post back in March about why I always wanted to visit Bari, Italy, my mom decided to help me out. She designed and had made for me 10 notepads that say "From The Desk of Bari Pulles" on the top. She had them waiting for me in a gift bag at the airport when I arrived. It was very sweet. And hilarious. But more sweet than anything.

Okay, that's all for now. There is still more, I promise, but maybe not for a bit. We'll see.

6 Comments:

At 12:52 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

"French" pedicure... how odd.

I wanted to tell you something about soccer, given you are now back in Canada and you all don't give a Mexican about it. France and Italy played again a couple of days ago, almost the same teams as during the World Cup (without Zidane and Materazzi of course).
Well, France won three to one.

Cheers!

Oli

 
At 10:11 p.m., Blogger Bari said...

Seriously, folks, I think that Ashley and my mom deserve some notice for the things they did. It's funny! And well thought out!

 
At 1:08 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the 99 red balloons cuz every time I hear that song I think of you, but the german version cuz I laughed so hard when you would sing it for me.
It makes me smile every single time Bari!!!
I also know how excited you were at the thought of being able to visit bari Italy and was hoping you would come back with a shirt. Both Your mom and Ashley are very clever! Hi Ashley!!!
Kellie

 
At 10:11 p.m., Blogger Mike said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:12 p.m., Blogger Mike said...

I, too, believe in credit where credit is due. And I don't think Ashley needs all the credit for the red balloons. Just sayin'.

Ugh. I hate comin' onto your blog and making myself feel like a dickhead.

Anyways, your stereo and CD are waiting here for whenever you're on this side of the river, Bares.

 
At 4:40 p.m., Blogger Bari said...

Yet you're so good at it...

While Ashley did tell me that the idea wasn't entirely hers, she IS the one who came over to my house the day before I got back, took the time and energy to blow up all those balloons and drew a sign for me. So Ashley gets the credit for carrying out the plan. Actually, Conor should also get some props because he helped too.

Ideas without action aren't worthy of receiving credit in my books.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home