Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Friday, August 18, 2006

The clock is ticking...

It’s funny how a person can be used to going to bed at a certain time every night and waking up at a certain time every morning and then one night of staying up till 4:00am screws the whole thing up!

So, I have been to and returned from France. It was wonderful. I got to spend 2 weeks in the south of France, right at the base of the Pyrenees just outside the town of Lourdes. It is an… interesting town. A town of about 20,000 people who play host to, like, 4 million visitors every year. Needless to say, the entire town can be summed up like this: store, hotel, store, hotel, store, hotel. Still, it has its charm, which mostly lies in the fact that the backdrop is mountains and they have a castle.

I also got to meet my schatzy’s family and friends and see where he grew up. Plus, he had to work every morning, so I got to sleep late and get up at a leisurely pace. I got lots of reading and relaxing done in the mornings and then I got to spend the afternoons with Olivier and his brother and sister. They have a pool you know. That was great too. I was very relaxed and happy, but I’m sure he was very tired and stressed out since he didn’t get those coffee and novel mornings. Poor boy. That reminds me, I read the book “Life of Pi” by Yann Martel at the beginning of the trip and it was amazing! I highly recommend it to anyone.

Okay, so, just so everyone is in on my schedule, I leave Munich one week from today (Friday, August 25th) and arrive in Edmonton at 12:45am on Saturday. Just to clarify for everyone, that means 45min after midnight on Friday night or Saturday morning, depending how you look at it. Since I am dying to see everyone again, I am having a coming home party, which will be a mirror of the going away party that I had. The party will be held at Rosario’s (11715C - 108Ave) on Saturday, August 26, 2006. We told them “between 8:00 and 9:00,” so how about I show up shortly after 8:00, but you all don’t have to come until 9:00? Everyone who reads this blog is invited, and if you can think of anyone who doesn’t read it who would like to come, please pass on the message.

I hope to see you all there! I am starting to get really homesick and want to see everyone so bad!

7 Comments:

At 8:16 a.m., Blogger jeffreydekker@gmail.com said...

Hey Bari, can't wait to see you.

 
At 10:39 a.m., Blogger Bari said...

Yeah!!! Thanks homey! Me neither!!

Have you considered the camping idea at all? (I take it you got my email.) If we want to do this we need to make some calls soon.

 
At 1:14 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you will be home in less than a week!!! Man! I'm such a baby! The thought has me starting to cry! Can't wait till you see the house! Dad has done so much work, you won't even recognize it! And Gizmo is still kicking around (I know you were hoping he would kick the bucket but he's still here). I think he did it just to spite you! LOL, he's so soft now!

 
At 2:16 p.m., Blogger Bari said...

For everyone else's sake I will explain that comment:

I have a cat named Gizmo. I didn't choose to have Gizmo as a pet, he chose me. I hate him. I think he's 15 or 16 years old now and my greatest hope in life is that he will finally just DIE so that I don't have to come home to all sorts of messes on my floor! It's not insensitive, it's just the way it is.

 
At 8:10 a.m., Blogger jeffreydekker@gmail.com said...

I saw your email after i wrote you.
I'll write you back today.

 
At 10:45 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Giz moved out of your room when you left. He moved in with Mom and Dad and when N was staying with us, we moved his box out too. Mom quite likes having Giz and she's more than willing to take him off your hands. Now, like you said, you didn't choose him, he chose you, so that may not work. We'll have to see.

 
At 10:57 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bari!!

Geez, I don't check your blog for a couple of weeks...and then I find out I missed your coming home party!! Well, actually I was at a wedding out of town....but it does still sadden me that I missed at least thinking about your return party.

mw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home