Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Bayern is nuts

I should first say that pretty much everyone knows that Germany is called Deutschland in German. On top of that, Bavaria is called Bayern and Munich is called Muenchen. I just find it funny that I thought I was coming to study in Munich, Germany, which lies in the province of Bavaria - and not one of those words is right!

Okay, apparently, Bayern is predominantly Catholic, so they celebrate all these religious holidays that we don't celebrate in Canada. For example, May 25 was Christihimmelfahrt (Ascension) so we had no classes. Sunday and Monday are Pentecost, so we have Monday and Tuesday off as well. Awesome. It's like there's no class this semester at all.

So, at the last minute Olivier and I have decided to take a trip. We leave tomorrow morning and take the train up to Bad Hersfeld where we will stay with the Kellers for two nights, then we'll head down to Darmstadt to visit with my buddy Eddy, who, as you might recall, was down here visiting me about a month ago. I'm excited, but I really, really hate taking trips at the last minute. I prefer to plan them out, but everything seems to be falling into place.

Anyhoo, my train leaves in less than 12 hours, so I should pack a bag. Ciao!

1 Comments:

At 3:24 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAVE FUN!!! I wish you the happiest of trips. I probs won't see you on Tuesday so have a lovely until June 13!

Kt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home