Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Monday, April 17, 2006

Ahhhh... Staycation

Okay, I have to make this fairly short, but I will try and get in the important parts.

I’m on staycation.  If you don’t know what that is:  start watching Corner Gas.  When Olivier came back to Munich we were talking about going to Poland for a week or 10 days, but then we picked up the magazine full of everything that’s going on over the next little while and found out that there is an absolute buttload of awesome concerts happening.  So we went out and bought a bunch of tickets instead.  So now our days are filled with watching every episode of Scrubs, as well as the first season of Lost.  Oh, and going to concerts.

We started by going to see The Paddingtons on Wednesday.  It was a good show in a small venue.  The only problem is that this place, the Atomic Café, is a little bit expensive, but whatever.  The other best part, aside from the actual show, is that I talked to this midget who often goes to shows.  I love midgets; they’re funny.  

The next night we went to Nashville Pussy.  It was awesome.  The first opening band was alright, but nothing special except that the lead guitarist was awesome.  The second band was really good and then Nashville Pussy took the stage.  It was an awesome show.  The lead guitarist is a chick who has my hair… well, my old hair.  She was incredible, and she took quite a shine to me (as I was rocking out right in front of the stage) and ended up giving me a half a bottle of wine in the encore.  Oh, and a kiss.  Anyways, it was a great show, and afterwards, as Olivier and I were finishing our beers, I saw a guy who lives on my floor, but whom I’ve never spoken to and we struck up a conversation with him and his buddy.  Then the four of us went out to a bar and drank until the trains started running again.  It was a good night.

The next concert we visited was Controller Controller on Saturday.  That was also an amazing show.  The band kept having technical problems (like all power going out twice, but at least not in the middle of a song at any point, and the high-hat breaking for several songs), but the show was pretty good anyways.  Afterwards Olivier and I hung around and had a few drinks while we talked with the band.  We danced around a bit too, some of it with the band, but didn’t go out anywhere else because they had a flight back the next day early.  So we finished up, said our good-byes, and headed home.

Yeah, other than that, we’ve been eating lots and lots, and watching all sorts of TV.  The next concert planned is Stars (with The Most Serene Republic) on Tuesday (hey Becky – oh yeah!!) and then the Rapture on Friday.  Also, I think my buddy Eddy is coming to visit next weekend from near Frankfurt.  It’s going to be a good last week before classes.  I’m stoked.

4 Comments:

At 2:29 p.m., Blogger SCW said...

good times. good times.

 
At 8:36 a.m., Blogger SCW said...

OH MY GOD you'll never believe this! My friend from high school did a comedy show with Russell Peters!! RUSSELL PETERS!!!!
http://www.trevorboris.com/photos/displayimage.php?album=1&pos=1

 
At 4:17 a.m., Blogger Bari said...

No, actually, YOU'LL never believe this:

I've seen your friend Trevor perform. Gay farmer from Manitoba, right? He grows the same crops as everyone else: gummy bears and disco balls! He was hilarious, and I actually still talk about his act... well, the 2 or 3 parts that I can remember. I told someone here about it. I'm willing to bet is was you, Katie or Olivier.

Katie, Olivier - did I mention this guy to either of you? Ringin' any bells?

 
At 3:42 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is also on a much music show that is called video on trial. It is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. He does a good job on the show and I also thought that his stand up act was funny. Bari we saw him when he played with Pete Zedlacher. It was a good show.-ash

 

Post a Comment

<< Home