Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

I'd consider doing it again

I got up early this morning. Can you believe that? I know, me neither, but it's true: I got up at 8:00 this morning to run some errands with Katie. And it was so successful, that I would almost consider doing it again sometime... I don't know if I will, but I would consider it.

I had to do a bunch of things, and was successful on all accounts. I went to my faculty to find out where I pick up certificates for the course I normally have on Wednesdays and found out that I have to buy one (you buy a blank certificate and fill it out, then the prof and the institute stamps it). So then Katie and I headed to the main bookstore to look around and we both bought some detailed course calendars for next semester (every department releases a different one). Then we headed to the department of my Monday class so that I could get the department stamp (I had the prof sign it on Monday, but the office was closed). Then we went to a bakery so that I could pick up some cake for my language course tonight (it was the last class and we were having a bit of a party after the test) and to the hotel where my parents are staying in Munich and I booked their rooms. Then came home, made lunch, puttered, watched TV with Katie and headed back to the university to get the certificate that I had bought in the morning filled out by the prof during his office hours. Then I headed to "work" and then to the language course, where we wrote the test and then ate treats and chatted. I'm glad the course is over, but I also really liked the people and I really feel like I learned some stuff (not tons, but some). I passed with a 2, which is like a B, so I'm happy. And the certificate that I got doesn't actually say the mark, it just says "mit sehr gutem Erfolg" which means "with very good success."

So that was my successful day. I'm trying to think if anything else exciting happened this week, and I'm thinking not. I'm trying to get ready for Elizabeth's visit this weekend. I don't know if I've mentioned that actually, so here goes: My friend Elizabeth is coming to visit me this weekend!! It's kind of a funny situation because I had several different linguistics classes with Elizabeth, but we really only started talking in the last one we were in together, which was LING 401 this last winter term. Then, over the summer, she said that she was going to go to Prague to teach English as a foreign language, and invited me (and the other linguistics girls) to her going away party. I've been keeping up with her blog ever since, and (as far as I know) she's been keeping up with mine. I feel closer to her than ever before and am really looking forward to seeing her! She's actually one of two people I feel like I know better since leaving Canada, the other being David, who is often online during the day when most others aren't, and I think it's hilarious that I have gotten closer to these people even though we are farther away than before! Ahhh, I'm excited!

Yeah, not much else to report, I hope all is well in Canada... and I really hope you get winter soon so that I can feel better about having left the Canadian winter behind me! Servus!

3 Comments:

At 10:40 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok...we're close enough now, I can let you in on a secret.

I HATE the name Dave. Pronounced, it is ok...but written I just can't stand it. I mean, why would you shorten a 5 letter name to 3 letters, and then tack on a useless 'e' to the end... english is dumb.

So, David if you please.
Thanks

There are too many 'Daves' out there anyway!

 
At 3:01 a.m., Blogger Bari said...

Noted and corrected!

I apologize for that, our society has a real compulsion towards nicknames. I resisted for a long time, and it can still be seen occaisionally (for example, Jeffrey is Jeffrey and not Jeff), but I learned to just start calling people by how you were introduced to them... and I'm pretty sure you were introduced as Dave. Regardless, I know now.

Also, maybe people shorten it (even though it seems silly to lose only one letter) because Dave can be typed with only the left hand. Probably not... but maybe.

 
At 9:20 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I don't even WANT to know why you'd need to type my name with only your left hand.

David

 

Post a Comment

<< Home