Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Squishy cheddar is cheddar nonetheless

Good day. Definitely a good day. I think it's because the sun was shining again. It's funny what a difference that can make.

I got up at about 10:00 and puttered. I kept eyeing the forty of Crown Royal that Katie brought back for me and thinking that it might be a nice day to get completely wasted and dance around in my underwear, but decided that that is better saved for a day where I don't have to skip classes. Besides, it's Wednesday. Wednesday's are hot TA day. I shower and get ready, then make lunch. Then I head off to my class for 1:00. We have the class and I realize that the test is coming up in this class quite soon: second week of February to be exact, and get a bit nervous. Then again, what do I care. The Linguistics department still doesn't know I'm here, so writing a test in German really shouldn't be on the top of the list of things I have to worry about. Uhhh... mom, I realise that's probably the first you're hearing of this, but I promise that I am working on thinking about writing an email to let someone know, so don't stress!

After the class was the Uebung. The TA came into the room and I was like, "Yikes! Why did I think this guy was hot again?!" Then he started talking and I remembered. Everything he says is interesting. And brilliant. Interesting and brilliant. *sigh* Anyways, that class ended all too quick and then it was time to go to "work." I have decided that I will have to start putting it in quotes because it's too easy to be work without quotation marks. I marked a couple of people's work right at the beginning, then sat around and chatted with Oksana for a really long time. Katie came after her class at 7:00 and I decided to skip my German class because I wasn't prepared and I really wanted my loot from Katie (I got an SMS in the afternoon from her, so I knew it had arrived)! The funny thing is that we sat around in the lab for a little longer; chit-chatted with Christian and Oksana for a while, I think I marked one other person's work and by the time we headed home, we actually ran into some of the people from my class in the U-Bahn because they had finished. Oh well! Oh! And on the way out of the lab Oksana was like, "Hey! The lecture we have tomorrow is cancelled. I had a seminar with the same professor today and he said that he wasn't feeling well, but thought it was important to go to the seminar, but that the lecture tomorrow would be cancelled." "Are you sure, Oksana? Could it really be true?!" "Go downstairs to the classroom right now and look; there might be a sign on the door already." And, you know what? There was. And the lecture is cancelled and that means I have a four-day weekend. Oh, yeah!! Oh, and the conversation didn't go exactly like that, I don't talk like a retard - not even in German! I added relevant information so you could all keep up; just thought I'd clarify that.

We got back to Katie's and she gave me the rest of the awesome haul! There were new clothes and curling irons and Stoned Wheat Thins, oh my! It was great! I am so excited. Now that I have cheddar, we are having tacos tomorrow. I was waiting for the right cheese. And I can eat the Chunky Chicken Corn Chowder soup that I got on Monday night, because now I have crackers to put in it. I was really worried about those Stoned Wheat Thins because there were crumbs falling out of the box, and they sounded really broken. And I was afraid that I would have Stoned Wheat Thin Powder and nothing else, but I opened up the bags and put the crackers into Zip-loc bags to keep them fresh and I am very pleased with the ratio of broken to unbroken crackers. Very pleased! In the same way that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, the broken Stoned Wheat Thin makes the crumbs. That's my new saying, let's see if it catches on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home