Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Friday, January 13, 2006

Being clumsy sucks

I hit my head today. Now, I'm really clumsy; everyone knows this. I don't think there has been a day in my life that I haven't had a bruise somewhere on my body. They're usually on my legs, so I hide them by wearing pants 98% of the time. Sometimes they're on my arms, but I ignore them unless they're really bad, then I wear long sleeved shirts. But today I did something so stupid that now I will have to wear this bruise like a badge of honour.

I dropped something in my very small kitchen. Seems harmless enough, right? Well, when I went to bend down to get it I thought to myself, "Don't hit your head on the open cupboard door; you could take an eye out on that." So as I was concentrating on avoiding the door (which, in retrospect, really wasn't even a threat) I bent down and *BANG* hit my head on the countertop. My forehead to be exact. I hit my forehead very, very hard right on the top of the counter. Ten minutes or so later - you know, after I'd recovered - I checked the mirror and decided that I would probably be okay, at least no one would ever know that I could be such a retard.

Yeah, several hours later, I have a goose egg. It's probably going to bruise, too, because I always bruise. I should have known that I wouldn't get off so easily! I guess that only time will tell how bad this will be. I can, of course, see the lump, and Katie can, too, but I also told her the story. Noirin was over here tonight and she didn't say anything, but I don't know if that's because it's not noticeable or because we haven't seen each other in several weeks and she forgot what my forehead normally looks like. (You know that feeling you get when you're like, "Wow, was Jimmy's head always shaped like that? Yikes!")

I can't believe I'm 23 and haven't gotten the whole "basic motor skills" thing down yet. Well, stupid is as stupid does, I guess.

1 Comments:

At 3:36 a.m., Blogger Mike said...

Haha. I'm drunk right now, at Stef's. Jeff and Julie are passed out on the futon, Kirkleton is passed out on the floor. Your head-bangin' ass would fit right in, Bares.

Heehee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home