Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Monday, February 20, 2006

Sorry, too lazy just yet

Okay, I am enjoying my day of doing nothing. Well... not exactly nothing, but practically nothing!

I got up just after 10:00 (which is pretty good for me) and sorted my laundry. I took two loads downstairs and was shocked to find that all the machines were full!! I couldn't believe it. Ten o'clock on a Monday morning, and they were all full. Whatever. I came back up and headed to the store. I had started a list last night, but couldn't find it before I left. I figured that I would remember what was on the list (it was only two items long) as I went along so I left and walked instead of taking the bus because it's such a nice day today!

I took the bus on the way home because I didn't want to walk with such a full backpack, and as I stepped off the bus I remembered what things were written on the list - and I hadn't bought either of them!! Whatever, now I'll have to go again tomorrow. I've spent the rest of the afternoon eating lunch with Nicole and Katie (Nicole made chili and nachos!!) and slowly doing the laundry, as well as watching olympic coverage. The men's curling is about to start. I can finally see why my folks like curling so much - it's more interesting than I ever gave it credit for!

Tonight is yet another concert! It's Clap Your Hands Say Yeah tonight and I am really getting excited! I heard two of their songs and really liked them, then I bought the whole CD and absolutely love it; plus Erika, Yan, Uli and Greta are coming, so it should be a really good time.

I'll write about Dresden later, maybe tomorrow, we'll see, but I will say something more about the Death Cab show from Saturday: As cool as it was to be on the guest list, and as happy as I was to be there, I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it. Without a ticket, I wasn't sure what time the show started, and didn't think to look on the internet, so I ended up almost missing all of John Vanderslice's set, which would have been a total burn since he's the one who put me on the guest list!! Anyways, at least I saw the end of the set and went up to him right afterwards and thanked him very much. Erika and Yan were outside since they weren't able to get tickets, but were able to come in for Death Cab. I actually couldn't believe the venue that they put them in. It was ridiculously small and we were packed in there like sardines! I also think that Death Cab was really pissed about the venue, as they kept commenting on how funny it was that the merch table was practically on the stage with them and that it was like they were playing for all of us in their living room... which might be considered a good thing, but I got the distinct impression that it wasn't for them - if you know what I mean.

The show they put on in Dresden was WAY better than the one in Munich, but since I got to see both (sorry, now I'm just rubbing it in!) I will remember the Dresden one and try to forget the lack of enthusiasm on Saturday. Again, though, I am really glad that I got to go on Saturday.

Okay, I'm going to watch the end of the Canada vs. USA men's curling match. Have a great day!

1 Comments:

At 8:43 a.m., Blogger Bari said...

I just remembered a funny thing from Saturday! I wore my "The Shocker" t-shirt to the show and just before Death Cab started we were chatting with these two guys from the states. I took off my sweater and as I tied it around my waist they got a look at my shirt and started laughing. They were like, "Is that a band shirt? Like, is that a real band?!" And I laughed and said that it was.

It was funny because that's exactly the reaction I'd hoped the shirt would get.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home