Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Baby crazy!

I am completely baby crazy. Baby crazy and dog crazy. Everytime I see a baby I have to coo and smile; I can't help it. Now, this does NOT mean that I want a baby! Not today, not tomorrow, and not nine months from now. Some day in the future, yes, but not any time soon.

I do like holding babies, and smelling babies, and playing peek-a-boo with babies, though, and the thing is that at home I know people of all ages and standings (ie. impoverished students to couples with homes and kids and assets), so if I want to play with a baby, I usually know someone who has one that I can hold and smell (face it, babies smell awesome). But here, I only know students, and almost all of them are international students. That means: no babies (and also no dogs). So since it's been so long since I've gotten to play with a baby, I have become baby crazy. Almost every single time I see a baby I go nuts. I think Eddy thought I was a little nuts last weekend, actually.

So, last night I was running the conversation class that Katie and I started (uhhh... yeah, sorry, I don't know if I've mentioned this at all.), but I was alone because Katie was in Turkey. Anyways, the point is that there were a couple of new people who showed up, one of whom is a lady who mentioned in her introduction that she had a baby about 6 weeks ago and that's why she hasn't come sooner; but her husband was home tonight, so she was finally able to come. I held my tongue from telling her to bring the kid next week because I thought it would be overstepping my bounds. Anyway, at the end of the class she said she had a question, and asked if it would be okay if she brought the baby next week since her husband would be back to his regular schedule. I assured her very loudly and enthusiastically, that it was totally okay to bring the baby, and that I couldn't be happier about it. Needless to say, she also couldn't be happier about the situation.

She says the little girl is really, really well behaved and hardly ever cries, so I hope it works out well, because I don't want to disturb the other people in the class (we had 7 yesterday, our second-highest turnout ever), but I really, really want to hold a baby before I drive Olivier crazy with all my cooing.

Oh, and I also mentioned to the class that if anyone has a dog they'd like to bring - that's welcome, too.

4 Comments:

At 12:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa. You actually want to see an animal??? Are you ill?? I thought all this time away from the animals is what you wanted. I was right. You do have a heart for dogs. Ha ha. -ash

 
At 1:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

So this is how it works then, eh? I'm gone for one class and now we've got babies and dogs all over the damn place?

Just kidding...you know I love dogs and babies are, admittedly, very cute. They scare me a bit...I'm not sure I'd want to hold one...fear of droppage you know...but they are very cute. Way to mix it up!!

And from a practical standpoint, both babies and dogs would be excellent topics of conversation!

Kt

 
At 1:12 p.m., Blogger SCW said...

wow.. what happened since I left? Next thing you know, you'll be embracing the damn pigeons and making a nest for them on your balcony.. and then they'll lay eggs and there'll be little baby pigeons and they'll be cooing and you'll be cooing because they're so cute and it'll be coo coo coo coo coo..
dude..
but cool.

 
At 12:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the baby coming next week is a little girl who is "really, really well behaved and hardly ever cries"? She sounds almost perfect - the only thing that would make her absolutely perfect would be red hair!

Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home