Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Phew!

Well, I don't know how many people thought of my safe return home when the whole mess in London happened a couple weeks ago, but I did, and here's why: I'm flying British Airways through London. Now, I didn't think that they would close down the airport or anything, but I got really concerned about how it would affect luggage, both carry-on and checked.

See, I have known for a long time that I have too much stuff to bring back in just 2 suitcases; not only have I bought some stuff here, but my folks sent me a package at Christmas and brought me almost a full suitcase when they came, so there was never a question - it just wasn't going to fit. Now, I know I procrastinate, but I'm actually really good about thinking ahead with most things, so when I was at the airport in March, after returning from Rome, I swung by the British Airways desk and asked them about the rules. The lady told me that they hadn't changed their baggage laws like some companies have; I am still allowed 2 pieces of luggage that each weigh 32kgs. And bringing an extra piece of luggage is also no problem, it will cost me, but no more that it would cost to mail the crap back to Canada! And I don't have to let them know ahead of time - just show up and tell them at check-in.

Well, with all the messiness going on in Heathrow, I figured it was best to check the web to see what they had to say. Apparently, I am allowed to have a computer case, which is really good because I was freaking out about that (I did NOT want to put my laptop in my checked luggage!), but that's IT!! No extra bag, no purse; just the computer bag. Even that's okay, it was the computer that I was worried about, and I'm allowed to put other things in the computer bag like my wallet. What freaked me out was that they changed all the baggage laws! Suddenly, I'm not allowed to have 2 bags of 32kgs, now I'm only allowed to have 2 that are 23kgs! I was so choked! But then I kept reading and found out that those news rules only come into effect on October 11, 2006. I am so relieved.

It was probably 20min between reading the new rules and finding the current ones, so I wasn't stressed out for long, but I was very stressed out for those 20 minutes! Everything is all set for my return on Friday/Saturday and I am sooooo excited!

1 Comments:

At 4:44 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bari!

I (your family in Holland) wish you a very good flight back home!
From your blogs (which I read for a long time) I understood that you had a wonderful time and you even learned the German language! Sehr gut! Say hello to everyone in Canada and hope you will continue to write your blog!

Rob van Heuven, Geldrop (Holland)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home