Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Sunday, November 13, 2005

A quick update

Okay, I don't want to spend too long on here because I have other things that I should be doing, like dishes and vacuuming, but I just want to give a quick update on what's going on with me over the past few days:

I am not feeling very well. Every morning I wake up and my throat feels really swollen, but I don't really feel "sick" yet. My voice is getting pretty funny, though. I have been drinking lots of tea, eating oranges, and I bought some vitamin C at Wal-Mart the other day. I am having the usual problem I have, where my body tries to fight whatever is ailing me, but it just does a pretty shitty job. Instead of getting hit with a fire hose blast full of sick, I end up getting sprayed with a garden hose. The problem is that there is still the same amount sick stored up, it's just a matter of how fast it gets out. I hope that I just get really sick and then it's over.

Yesterday I went to Dachau. I had this vision in my head that Dachau was this huge concentration camp, surrounded by barbed wire fences complete with guard towers in the middle of nowhere. And that's pretty much what it was... except for the middle of nowhere part. Dachau is actually a town that is right near Munich. It can be reached using the Munich transportation system. And this seems like a really nice little town, except for this huge concentration camp right in the middle of it. It was crazy; really sobering. I have now actually been inside a gas chamber. On the signs, they made a point of saying that the gas chamber wasn't really used for mass killings because Dachau was more of a work camp than an extermination camp, but the mere fact that it was built is pretty frightening. The other thing is that they even said that a couple "smaller groups" were killed using gas in the chamber. Really horrible, but I actually think that I have to go back for the express purpose of looking through the museum there more carefully; we were only given a half hour to look through, but there was so much stuff to read that I could have spend several hours there.

Then, today, Chris and Diana and I went to a Salvador Dali exhibit. That was really awesome. I really, really preferred looking at his work to Picasso's. With Picasso, I felt like after I had seen half of the stuff, that everything pretty much looked the same, but Dali is very different. I also like how much Dali uses butterflies, and they are beautifully done, everytime.

Outside of that, life has been pretty boring. I went to a bar on Friday. On the advice of Clarissa and her ex-boyfriend, I went to a bar called "Keller" and it was awesome. Fantastic music! I also found a magazine called "IN Munich" which I knew about before, but didn't really pay attention to. Turns out that it has a complete listing of everything that is happening in Munich for the next 2 weeks. It even has Karaoke in there. Yes, I know, I was excited for me, too. So, I'm going to sign off for now, but I will try to post something tomorrow during my 7 hour break. Laters!

1 Comments:

At 6:47 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

excellent, you liked the 'Keller'!!! i'm on my way to 'wunderbar hofbraeuhaus' PROST

 

Post a Comment

<< Home