Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Playing catch-up

Okay, I've been here for a little over a month now, and I have written about some funny things that have happened to me since I got here, but I think we can all agree that I haven't written enough. The truth of the matter is that the guilt of putting off that Oktoberfest post left me not wanting to write much of anything else because I felt that I should be posting that one. Fortunately that subject has now been broached and I can play catch up with all the stuff you guys didn't hear. I won't post them all at once, but will try to go back as much as possible over the next little bit in between filling you in on what's currently happening with me.
This is a picture of the first donair that I ate after I got here. If I remember correctly, Nicole and I got here on the Tuesday and spent some time in the morning settling in, then we had the first orientation class starting at 1:00 pm. It was between settling in and the class that we decided to go for a quick walk to get a feel for the area and find a store where we could buy something to drink. I ended up finding this donair shop that is absolutely wonderful. It's called Kulle Kebap and I have been back many times since then. The owner is super nice and has gotten me hooked on something called Ayran (EYE-ran) which is a Turkish drink, traditionally consumed with donairs. It's basically a glass of thinned out tzatziki sauce. At first I thought it was pretty gross, but then I remembered that I love tzatziki and this is like having all the extra sauce I want. So now I think it's good. It turns out that most places here make their donairs out of veal (the translation is "calf" so I assume that means veal) but this guy uses chicken and I think that they taste better because of it. I have tried other donair stands and this one is definately the best. As far as I can tell, though, they are a new business and I really hope that they stay open. I should also mention that the day after I had this donair I had a second one. And then the next day I had a third. Yup, 3 donairs in 3 days; I was in heaven! I'm salivating as I write this and I wish it weren't Sunday because I am pretty sure that Kulle Kebap is closed on Sundays. This system makes no sense. Aren't PRIESTS working today? That blows the whole "no working on the Sabbath" thing right out of the water! Bastards! My kingdom for a donair!!

1 Comments:

At 9:45 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

That donair looks so good. Do they have the sweet sause as well.
Bari don't drink that yucky tzatziki drink, gross!
kell

 

Post a Comment

<< Home