Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Scary Train Situations

Nicole and I were headed to meet a friend on Friday (because we don't have any classes, haha) at the main train station (Hauptbahnhof). We took the U6 to Marienplatz and then had to transfer from the U-Bahn to the S-Bahn, so we headed off to the right platform for the S-Bahn. We had been standing there waiting for about a minute or so when there was a big commotion behind us. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it appeared that an older woman (65-70) had fallen at the bottom of the escalator. Whether she passed out or just didn't step off properly is a mystery to me, but I know that she hit her head on the ground and broke her eyeglasses, which, in turn cut her on her eyebrow. There was blood everywhere; all over the ground and all over her face. People immediately came to her rescue and there was just a flurry of cell phones and tissues. About this time the train came.

Those of you who know me well, know that blood and I don't really get along to well. We have an agreement: it courses through my veins and keeps me alive, and I am grateful as long as I don't have to see it at all. As I got onto the train, I was actually thinking how well I was doing, and was pretty impressed with myself, especially considering that I had seen so much blood. It was about this time that I started to feel pretty nauseous. My heart started pounding really hard and I started sweating; I was absolutley convinced that I was going to be sick. I looked at Nicole and said, "I don't feel very well," or something like that, and just tried to concentrate on not losing that donair I had eaten. I started to blame the donair and started fidgeting really badly. All I wanted to do was sit down, but there were no free spots that I could see. "We only have one more stop to go and then we can get off and into the fresh air," Nicole reminded me, but I was really, really feeling bad at this point. The train stopped and I rushed off of it, hoping that the air on the train was just tight, but then I started to feel worse and I realized that I wasn't going to woof after all, no, I was actually going to pass out. The ringing in my ears started off quietly at first, but quickly got really severe; so bad that I couldn't hear anything except said ringing. I grabbed onto Nicole's arm at this point, who, by the way, had no idea how severe things were because I hadn't said anything since, "I don't feel very well" and it was a good thing I did because the outsides of my vision started to turn black and I was really, really doing bad as we rode up the escalator. I was so busy concentrating on staying concious that I couldn't even tell Nicole what was going on. Then, fortunately, the moment passed; my vision grew back to its normal size and the ringing died down. We stopped so that I could buy myself some water and tell Nicole what I had just gone through. On the plus side, we went and bought ice cream after we met Anna because we figured that the sugar might do me good. And can you guess what kind of ice cream I got? Spagetti ice!!! OH YEAH!!

1 Comments:

At 8:44 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think between the ages of 8 and 25 I set a record for passing out! Your symptoms were classic - good for you Rascal for keeping yourself from passing out all the way - it wouldn't have been pretty for Nicole!

BTW, we are on day 1 of year 29 - Jasper was awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home