Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Saturday, October 15, 2005

No such thing as Belgian!

Okay, I found out something yesterday. Here goes: there is no such language as Belgian. I don't know about you, but this comes as a real shock to me! I always new about Dutch and Flemmish, and I knew that Belgium is right near Holland, but apparently Flemmish and Dutch are the same thing with different accents. Really. This is not a joke. My new Belgian friend, Anna, says that they use the same dictionary (for Flemmish and Dutch). I would appreciate comments on this one. I refuse to believe that I'm the only one who didn't know this! Even if it's just a comment to call me an idiot, or just to say that you didn't know either, I would appreciate it. Laters!

3 Comments:

At 4:24 p.m., Blogger SCW said...

Dude! I met a Belgian when I was in Argentina and he said there are 3 languages in Belgium and that he speaks Flemish, which he said was a f-ed up mix of dutch & french or something like that. I don't believe it!

 
At 4:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ivans family is belgian and all they talk is flemmish, which is a mix of dutch and french. I think that they do have other languages but flemmish is more common from what they said. Of course it does matter what part your in I think. I don't know if there is a flemmish dictonairy here but if you find one can you please buy it?? I will send you the money.

 
At 11:39 p.m., Blogger Mike said...

Hey, wasn't Mr. Belvedere from Belgium? I assumed they were all prissy, overweight Euro-Butlers.

Learn something new everyday, I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home