Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Another pretty short post

Okay, I wrote that title before I am writing the blog, so I hope that I'll be able to keep it to it's name. I am absolutely exhausted! Yesterday after the orientation class (hereforth to be known as "class") Katie and I walked to the Wal-mart that is "close by" as opposed to the one that is on the train line because we didn't have our transit passes yet. Close by means that it is a little less than an hour to walk. We went there, shopped and walked back with all of our stuff (hey, I'm cheap and I wasn't really sure which bus to take anyways) and I was exhausted. Then we headed almost straight out to IKEA. IKEA is actually in a subdivision of Munich and then it is just outside of the subdivision. It is a 20-30min train ride and then another 30-45min walk. And then we had to walk back with all of our stuff. I bought all of my bedding there, but was kind of rushed because we got out of here late and we only had an hour to look through the whole store, so I wasn't really paying attention when we got to the bedding section and ended up buying a comforter that is too big (but that's not really a bad thing) and a pillow that is too small (here, most pillows are 80cm x 80cm instead of 40x80 like in Canada; I know: it's wierd). This wouldn't be a problem except that I bought a comforter cover and pillow cover set for the smaller blanket and larger pillow, so now I have the comforter folded in half inside the cover and the cover folded around the pillow. *sigh* I was really tired after all that walking yesterday.

Today we were busy, busy, busy again. We got up early to go to the bank, so now I have a bank account. Here the word for checking account is really weird, it doesn't even sound German; it's Girokonto. I guess that the konto part sounds German, it's just the Giro part that sounds funny. After the bank I went to the course and then we went to get our transit passes. This required going to the main MVG office (MVG=ETS), then we had to go to another stop to go pick up some boxes for my new friend Elaine (by the way, here, "we" means Nicole, Katie, Elaine and me) we are all really excited because there is a vacuum cleaner in these boxes and Elaine said that we could use it if we helped out. Yeah! The girl who lived here before me (and I am sure that it was a girl) had black hair, and I keep finding it everywhere. Then we headed off to Wal-mart again because Nicole and Elaine hadn't been there yet and Katie and I wanted some more stuff. We decided to take the bus this time, since we now had passes, but there was still a pretty substantial walk from the bus stop to the front door of Wal-mart and we had to walk around the store. My feet hurt so bad. Okay, I have to end this because I am exhausted, but I will write something small later. I promise that there is a post coming about the flight (more specifically, the layover) and Oktoberfest and what not. It's tough because I have photos that I need to upload and shrink down and yaddah, yaddah, yaddah. Just know that that post is coming, okay?

3 Comments:

At 4:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the walmart in germany as freaking busy as the one here?? That is a stupid amount of walking with bags. Just think of the black hair in your room as a replacement for cat and dog hair that you get when your here. Rest and be safe
-ash

 
At 4:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bari, you're in Germany and you're shopping at a Walmart?? lol. Ah well, once a box store person...ya know. Glad it's all going good. By the way, the Rock door was Foo Fighters, My Hero. We were both wrong. We suck. I miss my hallway buddy!!
Boo.

 
At 12:36 a.m., Blogger Bari said...

My Hero?! Really?! Wow. I like Wal-mart, I really do. I know that it's wrong to say it, but I like it because it has everything I want and it's all cheap. And here it is a Supercentre, so that means that they have a full grocery area, including produce. I guess that Ashley's right about the new hair replacing the old hair, but it is still really gross and I'm glad that Elaine has that vacuum cleaner!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home