Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Friday, November 04, 2005

Trouble talking

I've been having a lot of trouble talking these days - and those who know me know that that is a BIG problem! The thing is that I find myself pointing and nodding and things like that, instead of opening my mouth and saying what I want. I'm really ashamed of myself because I'm taking the easy way out, but I've kind of fallen into a trap that I can't get out of. Every single time I do this (it usually happens in a store) as I walk away I think, "Dammit, Bari! You knew what you wanted to say, why didn't you just say it!!" Yet the next time I'm in that situation I do the same thing: I smile like an idiot and point at what I want. I think that next time I will step back and practice what I want to say, then step forward, hold my head high, and use actual words to get what I want. Yes, that's my plan.

1 Comments:

At 6:49 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there, bari. you might remember me? i'm your first year german teacher? the funny one who baked the cupcakes all the time? right, well, i've got a couple years on you in the german department and i've also been living here for substantially longer than your and i still find myself pointing and nodding. but, wonderfully enough, only now and again.

listen, i think i've shared my secret with nicole but i don't know if you've heard it. see, you're foreign. and that gets you A LOT. so take my advice. smile really big and innocently and blink your eyes and acknowledge the fact that you're not german. this brings not embarassment. it brings everything you could have dreamed of. honestly. i don't know how many times i have gotten things for free or gotten special treatment because i have batted my eyes and mentioned that i'm canadian.

milk it, baby. milk it.

h

 

Post a Comment

<< Home