Boycott Shampoo - Demand Real Poo!!

Can anyone even read the above title? What good is a title you can't read?!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

So... many... pictures...

This is the Brandenburg Gate in Potsdam. (I think
that Patrik called it the Brandenburg Gate, and I
know that we were in Postdam.)

This isn't Friedrich the Great's summer castle, but
it is in the same park and I thought it was so nice.

Katie, Chris and Diana in behind Friedrich's castle.

This is the view from the front of the castle.
Nice, eh?

This was the bathroom at the hotel.

And these are the beds which are so much more
comfortable than mine!

A view of the Reichs/Bundestag from far away.

This is the controversial holocaust monument.
There was a big to-do about it because they were
like, "What should this monument look like,
anyways?" This is what they decided on.

This, according to Nicole's boyfriend Lars, is
where Hitler's bunker was. They pretty much
destroyed it and paved over it right away and
don't really draw any attention to it at all, but it
was, supposedly, where this parking lot is now.

Me in front of the "real" Brandenburg Gate.

This is a mural on the former Luftwaffeministerium.

This is another part of the Bundes/Reichstag.

This is the last standing part of the wall.

This is my, Nicole's, Chris', and Diana's feet
straddling where the wall used to be.

Checkpoint Charlie.


Okay, as I'm wont to do from time to time, I also
took pictures of things that I thought were funny.
I need to take this opportunity, though, to tell Kellie
That I did NOT take any pictures of the toilet.
See, I already have some at home from my last
visit to Germany, so I didnt' even think about it,
but the next time I see this sort of toilet I promise
that I will take pictures for you!

It's called Soup World. 'Nuff said.

Uhhh.....

This is what they named the food court across
the street from Checkpoint Charlie.
I wish it were a joke.

Gymnasium is the German word for High School.
I wish I went to Einstein High!

It really isn't what it sounds like...
but it sounds freakin' hilarious!!

Oh, I also need to mention one other
thing. Berlin has a university called
Frei Universtitaet. Making the initials
FU. FU!!! I wish I were studying at
FU this year, that'd be way funnier.

2 Comments:

At 8:47 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanx for all the pictures Bari,
too bad you couldn't get an "fu" university t-shirt
kell

 
At 3:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bari, looks like your havin fun, miss ya back here.

-Blake

 

Post a Comment

<< Home